What information is collected?
How are cookies used on the website?
As with many websites, cookies are used to collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, cookies may collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site.
The purpose of this is to help screen for potential risk and fraud as well as to access marketing campaigns and improve overall user experience. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies through your browser. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How is your information used?
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as necessary to fulfil my contractual obligations, such as effectively processing orders you place on the website, responding to questions, and providing customer service
- circumstances under which you have provided affirmative consent, such as signing up for my newsletter or entering a contest, giveaway or survey (such consent may be revoked at any time)
- to comply with a legal obligation or in connection with a legal claim if necessary
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, such as to improve my services (so long as those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests)
How is your information shared with third parties?I greatly respect your privacy and therefore do not trade, sell or transfer your personal identifiable information to outside parties. Your personal information is only shared for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances as described below:
- Shopify to power my online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Analytics to help me understand how customers use the site - you can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- Dropbox to store my accounting information - Dropbox is Privacy Shield certified; you can read more about how they use your personal information here: https://www.dropbox.com/privacy
- Service providers - I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery and printing companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws - I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
When you place an order through the site, I will maintain your order information for my records unless and until you ask for this information to be deleted. Your personal information is retained only for as long as necessary to provide you with my services as described in this policy. I generally keep any email correspondence records for a period of 4 years.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
If you are a European resident, please note that I am processing your information in order to fulfill contracts I might have with you (for example if you make an order through the site), or otherwise to pursue my legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States. For instance, if you sign up for my newsletter, I rely on MailChimp, which is based in the US and is Privacy Shield certified, as my marketing automation platform.
Your rights in relation to your personal information may vary depending upon the laws that govern your jurisdiction. If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information I hold about you, restrict my access to certain information, and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. Except under exceptional circumstances where I am required to store data for legal reasons, I will generally delete your personal information upon request. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact me using the contact information below.
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you have subscribed to my newsletter, you can opt-out anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email.
This policy may be updated from time to time in order to reflect changes to my practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. Last updated: May 7, 2018